Abstract Mountain Art
June 12 — 17, 2016
Medium: Mixed Media, Painting & Drawing
Level: Open, all levels welcome
Tuition: $595 | Lab Fee: $65
Based on his bestselling book, Creating Abstract Art, Dean Nimmer shows you new pathways to painting and drawing abstractly that strengthen and refresh your passion to make art. This class will focus on developing techniques to abstractly express your ideas and feelings in personally meaningful compositions that come directly from your own experiences.
The class explores abstract painting, drawing and mixed media techniques working from observation, memory and your imagination. Dean always works one-on-one with his students as much as possible to help them advance no matter what level of artistic experience they have. Even if you are just looking to try something different that’s out of your comfort zone, this class will expand your enthusiasm and thirst for making art!
Emeritus Professor, Dean Nimmer, is the former Chair of the Painting and Printmaking programs at Mass College of Art, where he taught from 1970 to 2004. He has exhibited his art in over 200 solo and group exhibitions across the US and in Europe, Asia, and Australia. His artworks are in the collections of the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, DeCordova Art Museum, Smith College Art Museum, Harvard University art collection and many other museums across the country and abroad.
Professor Nimmer was given the 2010, Distinguished Teaching of Art Award, granted by the 16, 000-member College Art Association, the 2011 Distinguished Alumnus Award granted by the University of Wisconsin and awarded the Massachusetts Teacher of the Year honor for 2014/15, given by the Massachusetts Art Education Association. He is also listed in the current edition of Who’s Who in American Art. He is the author of the successful book "Art from Intuition" (Watson-Guptill/Random House, 2008), is currently in its 5th printing, and his new book, Creating Abstract Art, is available in bookstores across the country and in Europe, Japan and Australia.
- A full refund is made when a student registers for a workshop that is canceled or already full at the time of registration.
- An email or letter cancellation is required for withdrawals. Students who withdraw before April 30 receive a refund of the workshop deposit less a 25% registration & processing fee. Any housing and meal deposits will be refunded in full.
- If a cancellation is made after April 30, the deposit is forfeited, but a credit for the amount may be applied to another workshop that same calendar year. You may also transfer your deposit to a friend or family member for that same calendar year or make a tax deductible donation to Cullowhee Mountain ARTS. (There are some workshops that may have earlier cut off dates due to demand - this will be noted in your confirmation email.
- Students who withdraw after May 1 even if workshop was paid in full, receive no refund but can transfer to another workshop during the calendar year or transfer their deposit to a friend or family member for that same calendar year or make a tax deductible donation to Cullowhee Mountain ARTS.
- We strongly recommend purchasing trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent in the event an unforeseen medical emergency.
Click the drop down box below for payment options, then proceed to "View Cart to Check Out."